Mrs. Renado Thomas is the Assistant Principal of Rod Paige Middle School. Mrs. Thomas graduated from Wiley College, moved to Shreveport, LA and began teaching as a P.E. for grades K-5 at Cherokee Park Elementary. After one year of teaching P.E., she was moved to 4th grade to teach Math and Science for 5 years. Year 6, Thomas became a mentor teacher for new teachers. She served as a mentor teacher for 2 years while still teaching Math and Science. Year 8, Thomas became the Math Coach and remained a Math Coach until she moved to Mississippi, 3 years later.
Thomas continued her teaching career with McComb School District initially as the 21st Century Learning Center Coordinator for the district. After one year, the grant ended, and she was moved to a Behaviorist Interventionist to finish the year at Higgins Middle School. In 2017, Thomas moved to Summit Elementary (grades 1-6) to become a Math Interventionist. She worked there for 4 years. She currently serves as the Assistant Principal of Rod Paige Middle in Monticello, MS.
Mrs. Renado Thomas is married to Mr. Derick Thomas. He is from Texas and a graduate of Wiley College “The Home of the Great Debaters” in Marshall, Texas as well. They currently reside in McComb, Mississippi.
Live by this philosophy “People can only give, what they have.”
When asked what is her reason for teaching, Thomas replied, “My reason for teaching or being in education is because I want to help children discover their “purpose”, “how”, and “why” in life. I want to help students discover the importance of education. I believe “teaching” or “educating others” is my purpose, my calling from God. I feel that children are precious gemstones. Some are thought to be Diamonds, Emeralds, Rubies, Opals, Pearls, and some may be Painite, the rarest gemstone on Earth. One thing they ALL have in common is “they are valuable.”
Martin Luther King, Jr. said, “Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education.”
- Licensed Teacher (1-5) for 16 years
- Administrator Endorsement
- Guidance Counselor (K-12) Endorsement
- Physical Education (K-12) Endorsement
- December 2021, Mississippi College, Clinton, MS
- Masters in Educational Leadership
- May 2014, LA Tech University, Ruston, LA
- Masters of Arts in Guidance and Counseling & Mental Heath
- May 2008, LSUS, Shreveport, LA
- Certificate for Elementary Education
- Dec. 2002, Wiley College (The Home of the Great Debaters), Marshall, TX
- Bachelor in Secondary Education (Math and Phys. Education)
- 1998, Jewel M. Sumner High School, Kentwood, LA